Thread: Thank you!! + ?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 12:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Thank you!! + ?

Hello All,
It has been a while since I have been on the site. Testing the waters. I had a pretty bad concussion a few days after Thanksgiving. Yikes! I want to thank everyone here esp Mark In Idaho and Bud and others whose names escape me now, who were here to talk when I needed. I would never have made it through as well as I did without everyone's support. It was so scary for me. I am happy to say I am not 100% but darn close.

I still have a type of dizziness similar to Vertigo but I don't see spots just feels like my whole equilibrium is off. I have to wait until it passes -Not all the time either. I am watching; its when I change head positions,(lying down to sitting up or going from lying on my back to my side) if I go really slow it seems to help or it goes away faster.

I also find when I am over tired my head just feels like it hurts -not a head ache just hurts and I need rest. I am almost fully integrated into my life but trying to maintain the lessons I have learned from my concussion. So I do things differently. If I get too stressed or too much going on at once I have to stop and think of words. Almost like senior moments and maybe that's what is happening now.

Anyway I feel like I continue to heal and/or maybe this is where I am for a while but I can deal. I watch the triggers. I am so grateful to everyone here and my family and friends.

Any input or feedback is greatly appreciated. I wish everyone well. I feel very fortunate to have found you guys and followed the protocols here. I often thought I was babying myself but I think it has benefitted me in the long run and I am fortunate to have a husband to support me through all this. I am truly in deep gratitude. Blessings to all.
LouiseN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote