View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 10:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It is important to have things to look forward to. I'm having a really rough time lately with new problems in my neck, shoulder, and arm after falling off a ladder at work back in October. I was supposed to go to Disney World in April with my daughter for her first Disney vacation but we obviously had to cancel. I was a little sad about that...but I'm planning a trip in September and am looking forward to that now. Hopefully I will be well enough to go...but it gives me something to look forward to instead of thinking about the stuff I am missing out on now.

Don't let yourself get too caught up in worrying about "being productive". I know it feels good to accomplish something and can make you feel a little guilty when you do your "fun" stuff like video games instead...but try not to think of it that way. When you're in pain like we are...that "fun" stuff is sometimes all we can do to make the pain bearable. These "distractions" are just another form of pain relief for us that help us get through the day. I spend most of my days now stitching...and I've gotten more stitching done in the last 5 months than I did in the last 3 years...but even though I enjoy it I would much rather be healthy and working, doing stuff with my daughter, and living a "normal" life where I can't find time for cross stitch. But right now I NEED the stitching because it helps me get through each day. Your video games are the same...don't feel bad about that. Especially now as you struggle with increased pain...use any method you have of distracting you from the pain to get through the day.

I hope you feel better soon and I hope that the ketamine helps you even if it takes a while to really kick in.

Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-18-2016), maygin (05-05-2016), zinnia (05-02-2016)