View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 05:10 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doydie View Post
I learned my yard sale skills from my parents. From Dad, always get a lot of change, both bills and coins. Take two ladders and hang a PVC pipe or something like that to hang up clothes, Keep things organized, never leave your money in a box, keep it on your person unless there is someone else at the table. Keep all jewelry on table, unless of course it is those cheap colored leis that are in the free box. Prepare to open up early and even if you say no early birds in your ads, not all people have come to your yard sale from the ads some come from your well put signs. And always take you signs down as soon as your yard sale is over.
Doydie, my Dad was an "expert" yard salesman, too!! Really, though, he could sell ice to an Eskimo if he needed to.

He thoroughly enjoyed setting up shop and then having folks come look through our stuff. Back then we knew nearly everyone who showed up to the sale. By the end of the day someone would bring over a watermelon or an ice cream churn and there was a small crowd sitting around in those old lawn chairs that never seem to get thrown away. It was always fun. I wonder if my folks had fond memories of it like I do or did they just remember all the work!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote