View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 08:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Booklover,
Hope and pray soon all will go well for you, your husband; and of course your son. All of you have been thru much pressure and strain. Glad both of you have decided to see a counselor.

I mentioned to you quite some time ago about my grandson being bullied so much that eventually his parents (my daughter-in law) are home schooling him. I thought when he reached an age for high school they might give it a try; but have continued his home schooling. A little over a year ago, they moved to another town about about 20 miles away from their previous home. He turned 16 in February and started working at a large grocery chain near their home. He is excited so all is turning out well.

Yes, you are right about putting everything into perspective. I will definitely add Ali and his family to my prayer list. You and your family are also on my prayer list.

Gerry
Gerry,thank you so much for your support,care and prayers for both my family and Ali's. I'm glad to hear your grandson is settling into his new town and has made the next successful transition towards independence and participating in the life of his community by getting a job. I imagine he's loving earning his own money.

I am so pleased to let you know and also those who have been praying for us that our home sold at auction, for above our reserve and expectations. It is such a relief. The lady in her late fifties who bought it is downsizing from a house with a big yard to our villa unit and was delighted with our place. She would like to settle before the end of the month which works out well, as it is just before our purchase settles. So after such a long time of looking it's all happening very quickly now. I am looking forward to moving into our new place and having more time for family, friends, and rest/self care (managing pain). Hopefully once we have shifted and unpacked we will all start to feel less stressed and more settled. For me there will be some other issues I've been putting on the backburner that I will need to follow up fairly soon after that- my neuro stimulator battery is rapidly running out and requires replacing in the 2nd half of this year and I also have issues with my professional registration requiring me to either get a job or voluntary work in the 2nd half of this yr - disability issues have been a barrier at interviews to getting a job, as soon as I disclose and ask for accommodations the whole interview shifts. Anyway, I'm working on tackling one thing at a time. I hope by the end of the year I've been able to make informed decisions and successfully follow through one at a time.

Booklover

Last edited by booklover; 05-02-2016 at 09:35 AM.
booklover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (05-03-2016)