View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 12:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by injuredbutrecoverin View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! If anyone has others, please share. I'm particularly interested in stresses that simply cannot be cut out but must be managed.
Driving and workplace stressors for sure, at least for me.

At work, for example, since I work outdoors 100% of the time, I wear dark sunglasses all the time and work at a slower pace. I also avoid workplace gossip and keep to myself and that helps very much. Try to limit laptop time and also, being out in the open air just helps in general, too, though!

While driving, I definitely wear dark sunglasses and just focus on driving. Trying not to turn the head too much either helps.

Stress in general, I always try to stay positive and think "it can always be worse". I think about my dad being in the nursing home for five long years before he passed in one. That could've been me but I'm thankful it wasn't. I have a positive mantra I keep repeating in my head when I feel stress getting to me. Little changes go a long way but sometimes it can take much discipline. Intermittent stretching and Tai Chai go a long way as well.

My best to you in recovering!

Nick
Concussed_Lineman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote