View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 02:31 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I think strictly indoor cats tend to live a little longer.....for obvious reasons like no outside dangers (cars, other animals, etc.). But indoor only cats can get sick just like any other pet can so being inside doesn't always guarantee safety.

I had a cat who lived to be 21. Got her when I was in first grade and she lived until after I was married and moved out.

I have a cat right now that is 12. One that is 10 and one that is 8. The 10 year old cat was just dx with lymphoma. He's on Prednisone plus an anti-nausea med but otherwise seems content.

Some cats live as long as 25 years but I think that is extremely elderly for a cat.

Thank you for providing a loving home for your kitty for the last 16 years, Kicker. It's a big responsibility taking care of a pet. They depend on us for everything.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by Kitty; 05-02-2016 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Added a thought
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (05-05-2016), tkrik (05-09-2016)