View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 07:18 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I wish I could take your pain away
Not having your cat near you must be difficult right now. They can be so comforting.

I wonder… is she attracted to something in the kitchen? The scent of a new cleanser on the floor, etc?

Does she respond to catnip at all (some cats don't)? You could try sprinkling a little bit of it in the middle of the floor in the room you spend the most time in every now and then and introduce her to the area. It may attract her to the area more often.

You can also try rewarding her with treats when she spends time with you where you want her to be.

I can sympathize with you about her destructive behavior. It's just something else to worry about. I have 3 cats and they've shredded our couch and love seat. I love them, but I want to kill them sometimes. I think I should have started clipping their nails sooner. There are nail covers called soft paws (that I suggest you have a groomer apply if you go that route) that prevent damage from scratching. They have to be reapplied periodically as the nails grow. I'd get my cats' nails done but can't physically bring them to the groomer.

I hope you feel better BF, hang in there
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-03-2016), Brokenfriend (05-03-2016), Dmom3005 (05-03-2016)