View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Banned User

15 yr Member
Banned User

15 yr Member

1. Someone explain that TOS is "progressive" I don't understand. Progressive means that it inevitably will get worse...but why? If we are talking "compression" and Lin has surgery to relieve her of the compression, why should her pain free condition suddenly progress to compression again? I'd wonder whether the "progression" is that the underlying "cause" was never really resolved but only temporarily resolved. That seems harsh to say, but I don't mean to be harsh...merely trying to understand. She was pain free for 6 years without meds and without PT. So? Scar tissue develops 6 years later because of some unresolved issue is my best guess...this doesn't suddenly "progress" without a "cause." Merely MY understanding.

2. Lin: What is the PT's assessment as to the "cause" initial and return? Have you possibly returned to old habits or work actions that may have caused the original TOS compression only to find that the nerves are being compressed AGAIN from these old habits/work actions?

3. I have to think there is cause and effect and if one is rendered pain free for 6 years and TOS "returns" there is something that was not resolved that caused the TOS to begin with and that was not ultimately corrected. Posture? Muscle weaknesses because of lack of PT exercises for 6 years? I'm not making a judgment here...I'm merely offering possibilities for the return. Only YOU can asses what MAY have contributed to your pain's return.

Hope this helps. If not, flame away...everyone else does.
noname is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote