View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 01:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
People can lead relatively normal lives with dysautonomia. It all depends on the severity. The treatments are limited for some aspects and widespread for other aspects. Lifestyle changes are a must to adapt to a new way of living when symptoms become severe.

I have had severe dysautonomia for 20 years, and raised my son (now 25). I am disabled, but I can function in my own way through lifestyles changes, acceptance and adapting to new ways of doing things. You must have a positive attitude (which it sounds like you do) and not dwell on what you've lost...but stay focused on what you still have.

Your kids will learn to adapt as well, and even help you out when they can.

There is always research, so I'm sure there will be new treatments 'if' you need them...which you may not.
I'm sorry to hear that you have been living with this for so long. I'm sure it has been very difficult along the way. I hope that you have had a great team behind you along the way cheering you along. You are so right though, I cannot dwell. Even now, with all of the unknowns...I cannot dwell and I need to keep my head held high and move forward, if not for myself, for my children. They need a happy, healthy mom and that is what I will be. Thank goodness for research and support groups!
hopeforthecure2016 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote