View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

More good news to add to the above post!!

A little background. Oldest DS bought me a TV for my birthday last year (Dec. of 2015). It was just out of it's one year warranty and the picture went out. The sound was/is good so I've just been listening to the music channels and watching anything I want to see on my bedroom TV.

To fix this television (it's a Samsung 40") they wanted $125 just to show up at my house and give me an estimate on repairing it. I asked if they could apply the $125 to the repair cost if I decided to have it fixed. Nope. Well, I can buy a new TV for $258 at Sams Club so I told them to forget it. I haven't been in a big hurry to replace it but there are times I do miss having a TV in the living room.

I was talking to DS today and mentioned it but told him that I'd found a music channel that plays only 70's music and I was enjoying listening to that.

Well, my phone just rang and it was DS telling me that my Mother's Day present would be delivered Thursday and that it was a television!! What??!! He said he would have just surprised me with it but he knows I shop online during the wee hours of the night sometimes so he didn't want me to purchase a TV since he already had. He knows me too well!!

What a sweetheart! I've got some sweet kids.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (05-05-2016), Starznight (05-04-2016), tkrik (05-09-2016)