Thread: Wbc
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 02:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Thanks for the response.

No, I haven't been sick at all, in fact. But it may not be low enough for that. It was above the lower limit until this last test when it fell below. But it has been consistently dropping.

Is your count low? I've read about lupus and RA, but can all autoimmune conditions do this? Can Sjogren's? And yes, other things can cause it too. I'd be curious to hear about other experiences with this.
Mine WBC hovers on the low end of normal...but I get monthly IVIG. During times I wasn't receiving IVIG, mine was borderline low, dipping down every now & then for no apparent reason (other than having autoimmune disorder).

That being said, I am primary immune deficient...and so are 25% of those with autoimmune disease (Sjogren's included).

Your visit with the hematologist will be interesting to hear what he has to say. He will likely run a large battery of labs for various things, just to see where this is coming from. Try not to read into what labs he runs (like for cancer, etc) because he's got to rule out everything (so it's not like he runs them thinking it will be positive).
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DavidHC (05-05-2016)