Thread: Wbc
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 03:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you for sharing your experience, En Bloc. Much appreciated.

I'm not sure whether I'm immune deficient or will end up being so. My IgG is low, but not below the normal range. My IgE has actually crept up since the last time I tested it. But that's not surprising.

Thank you for the advice. Of course, you're right. I'm happy to be tested for everything they deem necessary, and I won't concern myself until we have the results. When you're chronically ill, things don't have the same impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
Mine WBC hovers on the low end of normal...but I get monthly IVIG. During times I wasn't receiving IVIG, mine was borderline low, dipping down every now & then for no apparent reason (other than having autoimmune disorder).

That being said, I am primary immune deficient...and so are 25% of those with autoimmune disease (Sjogren's included).

Your visit with the hematologist will be interesting to hear what he has to say. He will likely run a large battery of labs for various things, just to see where this is coming from. Try not to read into what labs he runs (like for cancer, etc) because he's got to rule out everything (so it's not like he runs them thinking it will be positive).
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote