Thread: So Confused!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 06:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default So Confused!

Hi, I have been 8 months undiagnosed with many symptoms. They have found multiple lessions on my brain, (none in spine). My bloods have show very slight infection for years. My spinal tap showed high white blood cell count. Vitamin D was low. I get alot of pain mainly behind my right eye that seems to go to my brain. Sometimes it comes in my left eye as well. My vision seems to have gotten worse over the last 12 months and I feel foggy alot. I get mild headaches almost 24/7, feels like there is a band around my head most of the time, which goes into my neck. My teeth feel numb and my jaw feels like its clenching alot. Weakness and fatigue which seems to come and go. I have aching joints and muscles, noting right hand and right foot often feel stiff. I have been tested for so many things i cant even remember. I have been on steroids for two months and then weaned off. I was sent for a second oppinion, but only to her collegue that she had been referring to all year anyway. my last neuro appointment she said I was stable with no new lessions, white blood cell had come down to a normal 6? Protien or red blood cell was very midly elevated but that could have been because of a bloody tap. I am showing no clinical signs of ms or anything else.(I have not lost mobility of a limb or eyesight) My lessions do not fit the ms Pattern. She will review me again in 12 months. I am to go and lose weight.
Ok so thats all good and well and I am trying to do that without worrying too much. I just have a few questions.

What is the MS Pattern? When I look at my mri and ms mri's online I dont see the difference.

What spinal tap result is an indication of MS? is high white blood cells a sign of that or would that be something completely different?

Can you be tested for Optic Neritis and not show anything but still have it?

If I have nothing wrong with me, eg: I have just bumped my head, or had depression, that is why I have lessions on my brain - would I have headaches and vision issues from this?

I have booked in to get a gastric sleeve done to try and reduce weight. In the meantime I guess I just have to wait another year and hope they are right.

Thanks for your help
Kelly
kell.steve@bigpond. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote