Thread: Wbc
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 07:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience, En Bloc. Much appreciated.

I'm not sure whether I'm immune deficient or will end up being so. My IgG is low, but not below the normal range. My IgE has actually crept up since the last time I tested it. But that's not surprising.

Thank you for the advice. Of course, you're right. I'm happy to be tested for everything they deem necessary, and I won't concern myself until we have the results. When you're chronically ill, things don't have the same impact.

If your IgG is low (or on the low side), then you NEED to be tested for IgG subclasses. It is VERY common to have a normal total IgG level, yet be deficient in one more of the subclasses. I'm deficient in 3 of the 4 subclasses, yet my total is just over the normal level because the first subclass (1) is the largest and I have a normal level in this category...bringing my total into a normal level.

Like I said, it is quite common for those with autoimmune disease to be immune deficient. Hopefully your hematologist will order IgG subclasses, but f not, ask him to do so.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DavidHC (05-05-2016), kiwi33 (05-04-2016)