View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 11:18 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

RR,

Thank you for your reply. I am always a little confused about how to describe my dizziness and which term to give it, so thanks for making the distinction.

I do see a very qualified vestibular therapist, so I have no worries about that. She has actually had 3 concussions and has inner ear damage herself, so I feel like I am in good hands.

I am 10 months PCS. Basically, to sum it up quickly. I did not have bad vestibular problems the first month of my concussion. The doctor I was seeing at the time prescibed me VT anyway, and sent me to a PT with limited understanding of vestibular dysfunction. Her misguidance increased my symptoms tenfold. Then I started seeing my current therapist, after about 5 months I started to feel much better, about 90% back to normal, but still had a constant low level rocking sensation, and I felt as if I was plateauing with therapy, so I decided to stop and see how my body reacted. I also wanted to explore other options. I went back to work (this was 7 months PCS) at my waitressing job, 2 shifts a week. I did this for about a month and felt really good, until a few unfortunate, stressful events sent me into relapse, all of my vestibular problems came back, so I went back to VT and have been going again for the past 2 months. I also had to stop working when I relapsed, but am now working 2-3 hours a week at a desk job, just to make a little cash.

I am seeing some slight improvement again so far, but I still wonder if my neck has anything to do with this. My therapist is also trained in Cranio Sacral Therapy, which does help get the knots out and loosen the muscles, but I still have a lot of pain at the base of my skull, in the suboccipital region, and my upper cervical spine feels "jammed" (I don't know how else to describe it). So I wonder if this is causing that last little bit of dizziness I was feeling a few months ago.

As for acupuncture, I have been going for about 5 sessions. The last 2 sessions I finally felt it working. I felt the energy flowing through me, my body was pulsating, I felt insanely calm, BUT it also made my dizziness and nauseau significantly worse. It stayed that way for a few hours after treatment, and then went back to the level it was at originally before the treatment, so I am not sure if this is good or bad. People are telling me that it's good, because it shows that the pathogens are being released from my body. So I will keep going for now.

Sorry this was a long post, but I like to be detailed, and it has been a crazy ride so far. I wonder, are you still doing any treatments for your dizziness? I feel like their must be some reason our bodies are not compensating completely to the dizziness. I have an elementary knowledge of vestibular issues, but I feel like if desensitization alone does not completely resolve the dizziness, their are other therapies that can?
Mother of Dragons is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote