View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 04:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Stainless Steel Kettle & Nickel Allergy

Hi Bella,
How's your allergy going?
I too suffer from nickel sensitivity/dermatitis. So I know what you must be going through.

Did you work out something with your kettle?

I was advised by my immunologist to discard the first liter of water from the tap every morning and to empty and refill the kettle each morning before use and then it should be ok to use.

I have a fair bit of information from my research into the condition, if you are interested.

Cheers

Sarah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellla View Post
Very grateful to find this thread as I really need some help folks
It'd been as chemical free and non toxic as one can for a few years. Suddenly I've developed a diagnosed nickel allergy, discovered after 15 months of extreme perioral dermatitis. Extreme! Looking back I started using a stainless steel steamer a month before it started.
However I realise I use stainless steel kettle yet don't know how much nickel it has or how to find out
Therefore safest is to get a nickel free kettle. As I also disagree with plastic being toxic when heated, what electric kettles could I use? I imagine only glass or ceramic, tho I'm not keen as im seriously ill and predominantly bedridden and drop things a lot meaning I could smash it.
Any info or links so gratefully appreciated
Much love
God bless
SarahMac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote