Thread: Puzzling Ordeal
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 07:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
You may not understand what leg check is as a diagnostic tool. Various positions of the arms and head cause muscles to tighten and make one leg appear longer if there is an issue to be resolved. This leg length difference is only momentary. It is not an anatomical issue of leg length although if one has an anatomical difference in leg length, the chiro will take that into consideration so there are not false positive or negative indications.

For C-1 and C-2, the head would be lifted up (tilted back) or tilted forward and the leg length is observed. I've never heard the chiro analyze the difference with an estimated measurement. I've had a hundred or more leg check diagnostics done over the years.

The first time a chiro did leg check on me, he was able to identify every area what I would have problems with. I sought out a chiro who used leg check and the Activator to treat and was under his care for about 15 years. He was fabulous but still had limitations in treating C-1 and C-2 due to the fact C-1 and C-2 do not have faceted mating surfaces like the rest of the vertebra have.

Thus, C-1 and C-2 have limited treatment opportunities compared to the others. The chiro can help to nudge them into position but the patient needs to be disciplined with posture to help that position stabilize over time.
Thanks for all this good info. I had no idea about chiropractors before this, so all that was very helpful.

As far as my condition the doctor seems to just keep turning things around on me saying it is my anxiety. I had been doing very well mood wise before this and would say I had gotten back to feeling the way I had before my injury as far as anxiety and depression. Celexa turned out to be a good drug for me and getting through the first week or so was definitely worth it.

Do you think a neurologist would be a good place to start with this situation that has come up? I have hardly been able to do much of anything since this has happened and it is very frustrating. Obviously, I believe that just seeing a neurologist would be good, and just wish my doctor would cooperate more. I was actually very offended by a couple of conversations with my doctor and it sounds like I am not the first patient he has been this obtuse with.
ConcussedEngineer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote