View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 06:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Y'all are the sweetest dang people in the whole wide world !

Things with the pool are moving along. Luke took me to the pool store today and we took a sample of the pool water. Lots of pour this and pour that information and so thankful Luke was there to listen to it all....lol...no way I could remember what to do even if they had written it down (which they did).

Deck start date is Monday, May 16th if not before.

The pool water is just beautiful and feels my soul with light.

I've still got the weepy thing going on. I know part of it is because his surgery date is coming up.....May 20th.....he was in the OR for 10+ hours.

And on May 29th we leave for St George Island minus our Bubba. So many awesome memories there. Luke's cell phone picture is his dad on the dock in St George fishing. I'm pretty sure it will be a teary drive down for me

You know our marriage wasn't great all the time. I was 17 when we married and he was 22. I was always outgoing and he was a homebody. But when the chips were down and one of us needed the other we were there for each other. No questions asked, no fussing. Just comfort and caring and LOVE.

I am so thankful the Lord did not take him on that surgery day. He was in a pretty p.i.s.s.y mood the last week before the surgery and for good reason. But it was taken out on me and I would not have wanted our lives together to have ended like that.

I know I've told all of you before but....those 3 months we had together after his surgery were just a gift from God. He spoke of all his feelings for me and our children. I hold those words close to my heart. He wanted to talk about us all the time. I can remember so many times I would be doing something and he'd say "come and lay on the bed with me and talk" and I would. So glad I didn't push those requests to the side and say I was too busy.

And of course all of you are invited to the pool.....any day, any time !

And what's so funny is I really, really mean it ! If you all lived close you would be more than welcome at my Bubba pool.

Thanks again everyone. You, my kids and grandkids are my comfort now. And that's a big deal in my book.

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dogwalker (05-08-2016), ger715 (05-06-2016), Hopeless (05-06-2016), indigo (05-07-2016)