View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 08:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
I've been taking Lyrica for approx 10 years now and it has helped me. Prior to that I was on Neurontin(gabapentin).

When I first started Lyrica, my doctor said not to drive, etc for a few weeks until the drowsiness and dizziness pass. I was VERY dizzy...felt like I was drunk while walking on a boat��. I was also very foggy mentally but it did pass. I have only been on a small dose. now at 75mg 3x a day. It just takes the edge off the neuropathy but it does help me.

I do want to mention, I have tried to get off this med twice and the withdrawal was worse than any other med I have ever weaned off. Not everyone has a problem with withdrawal, especially if you do it super slowly but, it was a big problem for me. The reason I wanted to get off it is because I occasionally like to give my body a break from the drugs I am on and to see what level my pain is at and I have never had a problem with anything but Lyrica. I also was getting concerned that the Lyrica was responsible for some mental cloudiness and memory issues I was having and I wanted to see if that was true. You also need to go slowly withdrawing to avoid seizures. There are several threads on these forums about Lyrica withdrawal. I am not trying to stress you about this issue, just wish I had been made aware when I started Lyrica.

Good luck and I hope you continue to find relief with Lyrica.
D.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (05-08-2016), Pika428 (05-31-2016)