View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 08:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I've been waiting forever for someone to say that they take this medication. I was prescribed this medicine also but I have not taken it yet. My neurologist said it's supposed to fight fatigue anxiety and depression. One of my biggest complaint is fatigue. I also get pains in my head whenever I get too worked up about something. Also the pains are in my body too it's kind of like a nerve pain just in random spots all over my head and body. I do feel like maybe I'm a little more depressed since my head injury but that's to be expected since you're outcasted or at least I have been. Please make sure you reply to this one I will be following it to know how it's working for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebellarmaniac View Post
I recently saw a dual specialized neuro-psychiatrist. He put me on a dose of Effexor, which is a drug used to treat anxiety disorders and depression. However, he uses it for concussion patients (I myself had a brain tumor). There are tons of people that use it to treat vestibular migraines. Today I took my first dose.

I start off on 37.5mg once a day for a week and then move on to 75mg once a day for 6 weeks.

After my first dose I experienced severe anxiety, heat, nausea and some mild heart pain for about 5 minutes. Luckily most of those side effects wore off after 5 minutes or so. However, I continue to experience mild nausea throughout the day.

I can't say it really reduced symptoms after one day. It mainly just gave me a high and improved my mood a bit.

Before my first dose I actually woke up feeling like it was a going to be one of my better days. Good nights rest, no nausea or vertigo. Very mild to nil congestion. However, the Effexor made me feel worse (not terrible though). So I likely would have felt better if I didn't take it. Not artificially in a better mood though

I'll report back in the coming weeks.
mussbsweet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote