View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 07:48 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

It is hard when others don't get it despite you trying to explain the effect of being out like that has on your well being. I am fortunate to be surrounded by people who understand my limitations and work with it. The people who just couldn't understand or accept that I had to back out on plans last minute are just not part of my circle of friends, which has gotten really small since being diagnosed (surprise, surprise ).

Most of my outings are close to home and is never an all day thing if it doesn't entail going to someone's house. And, I prefer to go to someone's house where I can leave if it gets to be too much. If I am hosting/entertaining at my house, I don't have that option to leave my guests to take a nap or break. Keep in mind, the people's houses that I go to most often are family and friends who understand if I need to leave or need to go lay down and rest (they all have offered and I know where I can go rest if need be). It is very, very rare that I am at someone's house that I don't know well enough.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bddouglas (05-09-2016), Frog42 (05-13-2016), Kitty (05-09-2016), St George 2013 (05-11-2016)