View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 10:33 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadebski View Post
I started a trial of Mexilitene, a sodium channel blocker, to try to control my pain - I have Erythromelalgia, small fiber neuropathy and fibromyalgia. After enduring worsening side effects from the Mexilitene (rapid heartbeat, dizziness, foggy brain, nausea & chest pain) I ended up in the hospital overnight to check my heart for any damage. Fortunately, there was none. The only benefit I thought I was getting from it was that my muscle spasms had completely stopped. Unfortunately, now I am wondering if I was getting more pain relief than I thought, because now I am in excruciating pain - I can feel every cell in my body and I feel as if I have razor blades going up and down my spine - into all of my nerves. Does anyone know if coming off of a treatment like this can exacerbate my condition, or was I just in so much pain and am now feeling it now after having it be dulled for a while? Just looking for similar people out there.

Isnt that a drug used to treat heart arrythmias? Never heard of it being used for nerve related disorders. WHy did your doctor decide to go that route and not the more obvious drugs for your condition?

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote