Thread: New diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 01:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkynose View Post
I had 2 nerve conduction studies and 1 needle EMG. The PCP doctor thought she found some issues with the NCS but the neurologist didn't like the way she did it, repeated it and found nothing. Same for the needle part. After cervical and lumbar MRI's the neurologist told me it could be contributing to my problem as I have plenty of issues (which I have listed in other posts) but wasn't the main cause of my burning, etc. I have had lumbar issues for many years, but since I wasn't experiencing real back pain I believed him. I then had lots of tests to try to figure out the main cause and ALL were negative.

I went to a chiropractor who helped me so much with my symptoms that I started to wonder if the neurologist was wrong. I then went to a neuro-surgeon (aggressive) and a muscular skeletal doctor (conservative) who both feel the lumbar issues I have are the cause. I am pursuing this avenue and recently posted under the subject "Nerve Block."

I am not recommending chiropractic. For my particular issue it helped. Nor am I recommending nerve root blocks or Epidural Steroid Injects. I just feel finding out the cause if possible is the best thing I can do for myself. I welcome the chance to possibly be in a position to make a choice, difficult though it will be.

Here's hoping you get some answers.
Carol
Unfortunately fasciculations can't be explain by what is seen on my MRI
Also it's apparently not that bad, rehabilitation is sufficient
But MND stays on the table as unlikely event
Was told "most likely bfs"

Now sure what to think about it all
banjanti is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote