Thread: Dental issues
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 02:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Bryanna, I went to another dentist. One that I have known for years. I used to use his dad years ago. Him and his wife work as a team. My son and his wife have been using him for years and they both love them both. He sit down with me and explained about the same thing you told me. I have having him remove three teeth on the 6th of June. He said I needed three root canals instead of one and one of those had a root canal already done years ago. #14 #19 and 31 are coming out. ` He told me they were ticking time bombs and it was wonder they have not already started hurting.

The other dentist would not email my xrays , saying I would have to sign something so I told them to just do new ones. The new dentist was nice about it all and said it was my choice but something needed to be done ASAP. I told him I have 9 crowns and I sure didn't want to face this every year. I can manage to chew on the right side for now. I am glad I am got this 2nd opinion. I trust this dentist and not sure why I never went to him to begin with. I did use him about 6 years ago when the dentist I use told me I need my other three wisdom teeth removed. He checked them and said nothing was wrong with them so leave them in and so far no problem. I will update you are I have them pulled. I was just not going to pay $6000 to repair something that would probably fail in a few years anyway. Part of getting old and the price I pay for not taking care of my teeth when I was young. Maybe bad genes also because my wife is two years younger than me and never had a cavity . Her Mom and Dad both had good teeth but mine didn't. Tom

Last edited by threeputt; 05-10-2016 at 05:51 PM.
threeputt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote