Thread: Dental issues
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 06:19 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Tom,

I am glad that you went to a different dentist. I think I had mentioned to you awhile ago and again recently that I had some reservations about the one you were seeing. I know you were uncertain about her as well for a variety of reasons.

Regarding the retrieval of your xrays from your previous dentist ... she legally has to give them to you. The release form is a HIPAA requirement. It would behoove you to sign the waiver and get those xrays so that your new dentist has them as a radio graphic history. They are helpful in that he can then see what your oral health and dental restorative history has been over the last year or so. They would give him a comparison view of how well or how poorly her dental work has been between the time her xrays were done and the most recent ones taken by him. I highly recommend that you obtain them.

This newer dentist seems to be more preventive oriented and pro active at the same time. That is a good thing. I'm sorry to say but I think the other dentist was just patching you up here and there.

Please keep us posted.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeputt View Post
Thanks Bryanna, I went to another dentist. One that I have known for years. I used to use his dad years ago. Him and his wife work as a team. My son and his wife have been using him for years and they both love them both. He sit down with me and explained about the same thing you told me. I have having him remove three teeth on the 6th of June. He said I needed three root canals instead of one and one of those had a root canal already done years ago. #14 #19 and 31 are coming out. ` He told me they were ticking time bombs and it was wonder they have not already started hurting.

The other dentist would not email my xrays , saying I would have to sign something so I told them to just do new ones. The new dentist was nice about it all and said it was my choice but something needed to be done ASAP. I told him I have 9 crowns and I sure didn't want to face this every year. I can manage to chew on the right side for now. I am glad I am got this 2nd opinion. I trust this dentist and not sure why I never went to him to begin with. I did use him about 6 years ago when the dentist I use told me I need my other three wisdom teeth removed. He checked them and said nothing was wrong with them so leave them in and so far no problem. I will update you are I have them pulled. I was just not going to pay $6000 to repair something that would probably fail in a few years anyway. Part of getting old and the price I pay for not taking care of my teeth when I was young. Maybe bad genes also because my wife is two years younger than me and never had a cavity . Her Mom and Dad both had good teeth but mine didn't. Tom

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote