View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 07:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default my 2 cents

Hi,
I think a lot of the idiopathic type of SFN is automated immune related. I feel as though with the autoimmune system and their are some abnormalities that there are no tests invented yet that can reveal the issues that are going on. So they look at us and say we really don't know what's wrong with you therefore we really can't prescribe anything that may help solve your issues. That especially goes for something as expensive as IVIG...our healthcare system doesn't want to pay for that even though it might help. And the doctors are under the gun to prove to the Insurance companies that it would help and therefore they really have no avenue to help us.

Anyway I am on prednisone right now and it has helped and I told the doctor that,,,and yet he is not interested in trying to build the case to get me the IVIG therapy.

So there you have it we're in a situation that you really can't get help for. I would try the prednisone although if it does help I don't think you're going to be able to go forward with any expensive therapies.

I hope something works out for you and I hope you figure it out. Mine also comes in flares and I can't really tell what causes them. Mine has progressed over a seven month period and Now pretty much involves my whole body.

Sven
Sven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davidl (05-11-2016), glenntaj (05-11-2016), St George 2013 (05-11-2016)