View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 01:05 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Question Need help. Job promotion maybe.

Hi,
I was asked to take my old boss's position temporarily while my tiny college looks for someone new. I said that I needed until Monday to think about it.

What was I thinking???? I must have been in a good mood at the time of that phone call. A few hours later I remembered that in my current teaching position I sleep until 11:30 am (teach afternoon classes) during the school year and usually only have to go in 3 days a week. On the weekends I am exhausted.

I would be taking the job as a way to help. And I want to help. Hubby thinks that I would be very good. So do two work friends I spoke to about this on the phone.
But no one except hubby knows about the bipolar. I'm staying in the closet for as long as I can.

Part of me wants to tell the administrator on Monday that I could take the job if I had huge flex time -- like starting my workday at 10:00 am and only coming into the office 4 days a week. I wonder if I should ask for an arrangement like that. After all, I would only be keeping the seat warm until they found someone else.

The other part of me is being realistic.

How do I tell the administrator "no" without letting her know that I have health and sleep issues?

Mari