Thread: Kids Today....
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 04:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sorry I haven't been on in the past couple of days... things with the DSD went a bit south. She decided that since mom was upset with her over her lack of budgeting that she would lie to me about how much she made, and not give me her tips so she could still spend them on things she wanted rather than paying back the debt she owed.

In addition to that she got a ride home from one of her friends who ended up taking her to her own house rather than my daughters house. So she wasn't home when we were heading to her house to drop off my granddaughter. Now when I drop off my grandbaby I pretty much open the door and give a holler that she's here and tell the little bug to go wake up mommy... Thankfully she finally responded to my texts that we were on our way and told us before the grandbaby was left home alone. But if ever I've been tempted to wring someone's neck that was the day. Mother's Day of all day and never did I feel more like a mother.

So today we had a nice little sit down and chat about one: how she has lost my trust and how her actions with her money make it hard for me to help her. I never told her she couldn't get her nails done once a month, never said she couldn't get the occasional carmel macchiato whatever drink thingy from Dunkin' Donuts. I simply asked her what she spends her money on each month, kind of necessary for doing up a budget. How much do you make is one thing that needs to be known and where you spend it is the other half of the equation. Let me at least give your Uncle Paul an idea on how long it will take you with your current spending and now attempts to save to pay him back. That's it. So why lie to me???

Then we had to have a chat about my grandbaby... and how dropping her off sick and not telling me till you pick her up that "oh yeah she was sick today" is not appropriate, MS is an auto-immune disease, it would be nice to know that I really shouldn't eat that sandwich that the kid managed to take a big bite out of because she's sick, it'd be really really nice to know that she needs to wear diapers today because she has the runs and to not put her in her panties for her to make a mess on my couch... And if she's been fed or not, did she have a nap today or not (15 mins in the backseat of a car or on the couch doesn't constitute a nap for a toddler) And for the love of god if you're going to be hours late in picking her up from work, text, call, something... inform me so I'm not trying to keep a kid up past 9 o'clock at night, because mommy's getting off at 10pm when mommy isn't really getting off till 2 am or 3 am.

I mean she lives and breathes with a cell phone in her hand but can't seem to communicate the simplest of things. What is happening to our youth? I mean forget asking directions anywhere... We live in GA and someone told my mom that it was the Pacific Ocean off our coast. So my mom started asking everyone that came into her store which ocean it was off the coast... It really took until the customers looked to more than old enough to buy cigarettes or beer before they answered with kind of a puzzled look like why would anyone ask such a question. Everyone younger than about 25 couldn't answer it correctly. Heaven help them if they go out on a boat and need to call the coast guard to save them Some of them won't even know if they're in the ocean or in a river even.

They always have their cell phones on them, and are just tapping away at the screen texting and snap chatting, but can't communicate the simplest of idea face to face or even over the phone. They know what BTW mean but how many kids today would know what tsp. means without using their smartphones to tell them? I mean my daughter wanted a good kitchen so she could cook... loves to cook... and what does she cook??? Hot dogs in the microwave, the odd boiled shrimp (bought cleaned at the store like she can afford that ) and velveta mac n' cheese... she has one pyrex measuring cup... that's it... If you're cooking basically ready made food why on earth do you want a "nice big kitchen" to cook in. I'd say all you really need is a "nice big freezer" to hold your Stoffer's lasagna in.

I just feel like beating my head off the computer desk right now... honestly, what is going on with the world today? It is a sad sad state of affairs. And I feel so very old right now and I'm only 36, I'm too young to feel that our "youth" is this stupid. We're talking only a single generation, one... that's it and I just can't imagine what they put in the baby formula after my generation to explain it. It's gotta be that DHA or whatever "brain powering" nutrient they started putting in there. Hate to tell them, but I don't think it's working.