View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 08:57 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Nick,

Those who spontaneously recover in the first weeks often experience very good lasting recoveries. But, the longer symptoms last, the greater the chance of some level of lasting symptoms or limitations. Studies show that those who accept their limitations and learn to work with them do best. Those who continue to look at life as less than acceptable will struggle more.

There is far more to life than drinking and partying.

You injured your brain. If you broke your leg, you would often have lifelong repercussions. I broke my tib-fib in 1987. It was successfully surgically repaired but I still have symptoms. But, I snow ski anyway. I am missing parts of a thumb and finger. They are tender in the cold but I still ski and snowmobile and work successfully with my hands.

I have numb spots from lacerations. I have uncorrectable vision issues. I have horrible brain functions, memory, processing speed, insomnia, auditory processing, visual processing, yet I have traveled the US and half way around the world, raised three kids, supported my family so my wife could stay home and more. And all after a devastating concussion in 1965 and a few minor concussions since.

So, complain or worry about limits about drinking and partying and see where that gets you. There is far more to life than that. You will only hold yourself back by focusing more on your limits than on your abilities.

If you want perfection, you will struggle with life. This will not be your only bump in life. Whether they are head bumps or elbow bumps or bumps in your road, you will have more. That is life. We either get up and move on or we stay down and get stuck.

You sound like you have the fortitude to move on if you just make the choice.

I have experience many bumps in my life. But, I know many who have experienced far bigger bumps.

As the old saying goes, " I complained because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet. "

Search YouTube for "Trisha unarmed " She has spunk and has occasional down periods but chooses to bounce back. YouTube has many more like her or worse. An Australian man has a YouTube, "No arms, no legs, no worries" and is truly inspirational.

No matter what happens, you will do fine if you choose to.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote