View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 07:29 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Thanks, all.

I have often said that one of the problems with all these neurological symptoms is that any symptom that can be produced by spinal issues can be exactly matched by those caused by more peripheral, systemic issues, so that's it's difficult sometimes to tease out exactly what is causing what (though in the case of spinal causes the symptoms are more regional--sometimes; it would be hard to know what was involved if someone just had foot symptoms, for example, without some pretty extensive testing).

We know in my case I have this whole acute onset small-fiber history, and I do have spinal issues superimposed on that. Makes me quite the complex patient. And, as I say "nobody is excused from being co-morbid".

According to my quicky research (accomplished during this post, LOL), Dr. Harrison is a physiatrist at Cornell, and might well be worth consulting--I do like physiatrists generally, as they usually come from a multisystem, interdisciplinary approach. So thanks for that, SylvieM--definitely worth a call.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (05-12-2016), pinkynose (05-12-2016)