View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 03:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Glenn,
Thanks for your health update. You amaze me with your depth of knowledge.

I am probably late to the party on these thoughts but, I was as wondering , did you ever investigate infectious agents as a cause for the sudden nature of your body wide neuropathy?
I have a long history of odd neuropathic issues from Lyme Disease and knowledge from years of research, great docs and support groups. Perhaps you know this already but, Sudden onset of neuropathy can be a symptom of Lyme Disease. Not all tick bites produce this symptom, it depends on what strain of the bacteria is in the tic ( there are more than 300 different strains producing a very diverse list of symptoms).

Anyway Glenn, Lyme was the first thing that came to mind when I read that symptom. I can't tell you how many folks I have met who spent years(decades) bouncing around the medical community in search of answers for their often bizarre and life altering neuropathy.
Just food for thought.

Also wanted to mention, I, too, have several painful issues emanating from my cervical spine( small herniation, DDD, osteoporosis, compression, neuropathy/numbing and pins and needle down my right shoulder and arm.) Surgery has been suggested to me on several occasions as well but, I have been managing with ESI's (epidural steroid injection) and a variety of other injections.
I am a big baby when it comes to surgery and will do just about anything to avoid it and have managed this way for 6-7 years.

Wishing you the best Glenn as you investigate solutions.
Please keep us informed.,
My best,
Diandra
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
madisongrrl (05-12-2016)