View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 10:47 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile

Hello Brianna,

The saga continues...I had a 3D CBCT done (a limited FOV, #18 and #19 area as I wanted to limit the exposure) and had it read by a board certified oral radiologist (independent from the owner of the scanner). The fellow has read thousands of scans.

Interesting findings that I have discussed with my OS. 1. A foreign body visibile on the coronal slice, adjacent to the implant screw on the buccal side 2/3 down towards the apex (indeed, a piece of amalgam was visible on the post extraction x-ray back in June 2015 -- it was apparently strongly embedded in the bone; a leftover from the apico in 1991..When I had brought this up with the original periodontist he was not concerned...)

Some luncency around the apex of the screw that the radiologist suspects to be peri-implantitis. Unclear if there some lesion in the RT canalled #19 (perhaps I moved during the scan as the image is not very clear on sagittal or coronal views).

I have had a good, long discussion with my OS who is really an experienced guy and whom I trust. Clinically he sees no problems at all with the implant and has no clinical reason to remove it. He routinelly overdrill a bit so that he does not compress the bone and has a bit of a wiggle room. Thus, the shadow in his opinion, around the apex.

So where do we go from here...? (Of course the OS could remove the implant but what guarantee do we have that the pain will subside?). Should we focus on the #18 and perhaps take it out...? A serious conversation with an endodontist? Thanks again for your thoughts! JR

[QUOTE=Bryanna;1207626]Hi JR,

You are very welcome! I'm glad you found the diagram helpful.

You will have a difficult time finding a conventional minded dentist who is open to the systemic risks of root canaled teeth. There are some out there. But because they don't specifically market themselves that way... as that is a big no no if you want to stay in the good graces of your peers and the ADA, they are hard to locate.

You could look for a Biological dentist as they do market themselves differently and their goal is to provide whole body dentistry. These sites may help..

Please keep us posted....
Bryanna
jrlink707 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote