View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 05:23 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default New member intro

Hi everyone. This is my first post! I would say I'm a newbie, but I'm 62 yrs. old, so I can't really call myself that. I was diagnosed with Isaac-Mertens Syndrome a little over a year ago. I had carcinoid cancer and two surgeries a few years before, and my doctor believes that it led to having this syndrome today. I have always been an athlete - a marathoner in my 20's and 30's, always a runner, then advanced yoga for the last 15 years. I can hardly walk anymore with the pain in my legs and hips, cannot do yoga anymore because of the nerves constantly making my legs shake, but I have discovered swimming as a new passion. So out with the old, in with the new! It has taken me some time to adapt to this, going through a few of the stages of grief I guess, but I believe everything is always changing, in flux, and so am I. That's a life. Sometimes changes occur on the inside, sometimes on the outside, but as they say, accept the things you cannot change. With acceptance comes strength. It's good to be here and discover what your journeys have been like.
Frankie D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote