View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 05:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, I blame my Mom. No, seriously, her Dad and brother died from cerebral incidents. Each stroke I have seems to strike a new area. Typically, for me, my speech get slurry, I have trouble with balance and just moving in general. I can fall over just standing there. The prognosis way back after the big brain surgery was I most likely would continue to have strokes and just plateau a little lower each time. My right hand is a claw and virtually useless.(good thing I'm left handed) The problem is that as cliché as it sounds unless you've
had a stroke you really have no idea what happens. Oh you can explain it medically but try it from this side.

I was a division 1 basketball player in College, a decent chair fencer, But now I can't even do that. I'm coaching my grandsons basketball team. I just got certified and licensed through USA Basketball as a youth development coach. Coaching 9 year olds is like herding cats. I asked the league director if the coach's book comes with a bottle of Xanax. Not having a useful right hand and no balance I can't demonstrate things.

My quality of life sucks and I'm tired of it. It would just be easier for folks if I wasn't around.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-13-2016), ger715 (05-15-2016), indigo (05-14-2016), PamelaJune (05-13-2016), RSD ME (05-19-2016), St George 2013 (05-13-2016)