Thread: Dry needling?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 08:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have had good results for my other health issues with acupuncture (headaches, insomnia, heart burn and some others), but I go to 'community ' acupuncture. This is a much cheaper alternative to traditional acupuncture.

My place has one big, dimly lit room that has 5 recliners spread amongst it. There is soothing background music & water sound playing in the background . It is very relaxing. You take your shoes & socks off and roll your pants to your knees and pull sleeves up to your elbows. He places needles on my head, ears, arms hands , legs, behind knees & on feet. If I can 'feel' any pricking sensation after he places it, he'll take it out and then will go to a different spot. My sessions cost $20 each or 3 for $50 if I prepay.

We haven't had success with the spasticity in my back yet, hence my consideration of dry needling.

The cost per session will be $25 and the PT estimates that it shouldn't take more than 3-4 sessions to get long term relief. We have all agreed that acupuncture should be able to maintain that relief.

I'll be interested to hear how it works for you Erin ;-)
DizzyLizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote