Thread: Dental issues
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 08:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Tom,

Glad to hear that the teeth are out and you're doing okay.
Make sure to follow the post op instructions to the "T". Also a soft food diet for the next week or two if possible. Your mouth and jaw has been through a lot so the less you have to chew for the next week or two the better.

The crown on the adjacent tooth to #31 probably came off because the cement had given out and the crown was bound to fall off. So it's a good thing that it came out when it did and the tooth looked okay. Now it's cemented back on for another several years... hopefully

I think you should try to keep your healthy teeth for as long as possible. Taking good care of them at home and getting cleanings 2 times a year would be ideal. You may or may not be a candidate for removable partial dentures. So talk with him about that.

I'm glad to see that you have kept your sense of humor throughout this whole ordeal. I think your persistence in getting things done and your strong intuitive sense has lead you down a positive path and you will be fine.

Please keep me posted on how you're doing.
Bryanna ~'.'~

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeputt View Post
Bryanna, Update. The three teeth are now out. They called this morning and said they could do it today. Went pretty good. He had to put stitches in only one, #14.

I just hope I don't have any trouble because the crown next to #31 came off when he was trying to extract that tooth. I told him to check real good and make sure no cavities were there and he did. Said it looked great and and all was good so he put it back on. I told him to use 15 year glue because that's probably all the time I have left anyway

He did say that he could not have saved the tooth #19 that already had the root canal done years ago so I made the right call on that one. I think I made the right call on all three and as these crowns get old I probably will have more teeth removed. Next time I may just have them take the rest of them out and get dentures. : or go toothless ( I had forgot what it felt like to have teeth removed . Not to good Now to decide what to put in these three missing teeth place. Removable partial ?? what you think ?

Before long when I go to bed instead of brushing my teeth I will just tell my wife I got to brush my tooth lol Your friend always. Toothless Tom

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote