View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 10:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Worse 2 months of my life/Vicodin addiction

Cliff note at bottom if you don't want to read massive wall of text.

I recently moved out of state with family and it has been hell of 2 months. We have been staying in hotel for month until our house has been ready. The 3 weeks prior to moving, I had to quit my job for the move and moving in General is stressful.

Once we got to hotel, our 2 year old didnt sleep in new room. He cried literally all night long and this went on for a week so we got new sleep. Then we tried to get him in daycare and we didn't like the facilities. He did get sick just from being there for 2 hours. He stopped sleeping again and then he passed cold to his little brother. Was averaging around 3-4 hours a sleep a night.

Since we didn't do daycare; I was responsible for watching the 2 kids during the day which was incredibly hard with tbi/no sleep.

I have endured headaches for about 4.5 years now. There were long stretches were they were under control and needed no medication besides occasional Tylenol. Once we had kids and my sleep stopped; they are back with a vengeance. Tried getting back on amitryptaline to no avai. Tried tramadol but didn't like effects and risk of seizures. Went back to the vicoprofen which was the only thing that gave me relief. I would take 1-2 a day as needed so wasn't abusing it.

I had also tried medical marijuana since I didn't want to be on narcotics. This helped taking low dose once kids went to bed but no relief during day and really don't like the high feeling anymore.

I have been taking the Norco to get through the horrendous headaches. I ran out of prescription then ended up getting kidney stone and going to ER at 4am. They gave me stuff for the pain and my wife thinks I'm out of control.

Once that was gone; I would take Tylenol to try to manage but mainly just suffered from moment I would wake up. I started exercising which definitely helped my symptoms some.

Then i got hit with horrible cold/sinus pressure. Any time I get sick; my tbi symptoms flare up HUGE. I have been sick for 7 days straight. The last 3 days I've slept total 8 hours not exaggerating.

I go to urgent care and get antibiotics and cough syrup with codeine. I didn't ask for this/or seeking out. inknow from past codeine doesn't feel much because I have tolerance but I do need the sedating effects to try to get some sleep.

My wife tonight tells me I have a problem and I don't need it. Goes to say I dont even have a cough(wtf seriously?). I hear her my mother in law talk upstairs that I have a problem and she needs to address it. Ask what are you going to do about it...blah blah.

I thought about going upstairs to talk to them and try to tell them the pain im dealing with but it's always been a lost cause to talk about my PCS. No one gets it.

Longest post I've made on here:

CLIFFS:
Stressful move + kids + no sleep + sick = headaches
Take prescribed Norco meds
Wife and wife's family think I have pill addiction.

How to proceed?
todayistomorrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote