View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 03:22 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Post Multiple Concussions

This is my first time posting and I'm going to tell a little of my story.

In the past four years I have suffered 6 concussions, three of which have been in the last year. I am 20 years old and was going to a college out of state when I suffered concussions 3 and 4 so my neurologist is currently 5 hours away. He was still treating my post concussion syndrome for number 4 when I received number 5, and I happened to be in town that weekend and was able to make an appointment, so my mother and I thought it made the most sense to continue my treatment with him. I see him every 3 months and he wants me to try Botox because I have had severe allergic reactions to Cymbalta and Nortriptyline. I am unsure about Botox and know that it can help migraines but have not heard anything in regards to concussions and Botox. I am currently attending a college closer to home but spend most days in bed because of my headaches.

Added stress includes getting my mother to believe my symptoms are not made up. She believes I am overreacting and that it is simply anxiety. I do have anxiety but I can tell the difference between my headaches and the anxiety because they have different symptoms.

My question is if anyone has heard anything about to tried Botox to treat their post concussion syndrome. Thank you!
sarahkay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote