Thread: Wbc
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 12:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks, En Bloc. Yes, I'm aware of that, partly thanks to your previous posts on this forum. I have been planning to do the test, just trying to figure out how I can have it done without having to pay $200 out of pocket, which is too much for me. I think I may have figured it out.

Now, if I do test low, will the treatment be IVIG? Or will it depend on the degree of deficiency? I can say that last time I was in the high sixes (or 600s) and now I'm in the low sevens (or 700s), so it has moved slightly up in the last couple of months.

The only other thing to report is that my IgE had gone up from 95 to 100, so now at the high end of normal or just over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
If your IgG is low (or on the low side), then you NEED to be tested for IgG subclasses. It is VERY common to have a normal total IgG level, yet be deficient in one more of the subclasses. I'm deficient in 3 of the 4 subclasses, yet my total is just over the normal level because the first subclass (1) is the largest and I have a normal level in this category...bringing my total into a normal level.

Like I said, it is quite common for those with autoimmune disease to be immune deficient. Hopefully your hematologist will order IgG subclasses, but f not, ask him to do so.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote