View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 03:14 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the kind words

I believe that you made the decision that you did based on the information that you believed to be correct. I don't get the impression from you that you are easily swayed by too much and when doubt enters your mind, you question the logic until you feel comfortable with the answer. Am I pretty close on that perception??

I had read in one of your private messages to me about this "new" dentist you are now seeing and the past connection you have to him and with his dad. He's ahead of his time if he spoke up to you about the negative side of root canals 20 years ago. I think he's a keeper

There are many problems and health risks associated with keeping non vital and infected teeth in our mouth. Among the many is the fact that our teeth are only inches away from our brain and each area shares the same blood vessel system among other things. There is nothing preventing the bacteria from an infected tooth from traveling to the brain. There are various old and new reports and studies being done on the highly possible correlation between some brain tumors, some brain cancers and root canaled and/or infected teeth.

The education that dentists receive delves very little into the health risks of retaining non vital and infected root canaled teeth and mostly into tooth carpentry. The education that the physician receives delves very little into dental health period. So the education needs to change concerning both professions in order for the public to become better and more thoroughly informed about the health risks of keeping non vital and infected root canaled teeth.

It's important that you eat, and eat nutritiously. Don't go hungry as your body needs nutrition to feed your immune system to heal well. Drink lots of plain water throughout the day to keep yourself hydrated and to keep flushing the toxins out of your system. You can, or your wife can, make you smoothies in the blender with a mixture of veggies and fruits. The internet has a boat load of recipes for smoothies. Soup or chili, especially home made, is ideal for now because it provides all the nutrients you need from the variety of veggies that you can put into it. It's also soft and filling.

I'll read you second post now and answer it...
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeputt View Post
Could not have made the right decision with our Bryanna. Its strange but I was good friends with my new dentists Dad. His Dad and I played lots of golf together when I worked at the course I retired from. He told me 20 years ago he was not sure about all these root canals that were being forced on people and this was over 20 years ago he mentioned that. He didn't believe in them and told me like you did its better to get the infected tooth out ASAP. I remember him telling me when you kill the nerves sooner or later the tooth is going with it at a later time. Just buying time and spending money the way I see it. I know maybe some have success with root canals but in my case they have always turned out bad. THANKS again and I will keep up updated. I am hungry now but will go to bed that way. Tom

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote