View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Tom,

You are welcome.

I think waterpiks are good but they do not take the place of thorough flossing. If for some reason you are unable to floss properly, arthritis or etc., then a waterpik would be advantageous. However, nothing is better than thorough tooth brushing, flossing and tongue scraping and rinsing with Xylitol. Do you use an electric toothbrush or a manual one?

Twenty four teeth means you are missing 8 teeth total. Most dental offices will not reduce the cleaning fee for someone with 24 teeth as it can take just as long to clean 24 as it can to clean 32 in some people. You can ask for a senior discount though Also if they want you to come in 3-4 times a year for cleanings instead of 2 times, then you could ask that they wave their exam fee once or twice a year. That's something that most offices will gladly do to keep the person motivated to get the frequent cleanings if that is what is necessary to prevent decay and gum problems from occurring.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeputt View Post
Again thanks. And your thoughts on the waterpik ? Also, I think you know me pretty good. I am never easily swayed by anyone. I read and research all I can and then make my decisions. Worked for me when in business and all though my life. Sometimes when I question someone like a doctor or dentist I get some bad looks but we are all human and make mistakes. That's just me and probably will not change. Next time I have a cleaning I will ask them to cut the price being I am missing 8 teeth now. For some odd reason I thought I had three wisdom teeth left but when I looked with a mirror today the top ones are long gone. Looks like I have 24 teeth total so it should not take them as long to clean lol I am sure that will go over good : Tom

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote