View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 08:27 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Teachermom,

Just a suggestion that may calm your nerves a bit would be to see an ENT doctor...they can take a close look see with a scope in other to rule out anything else that may be happening. I just had such a procedure a few weeks ago because a recent MRI showed a possible cyst in my throat....I felt better after seeing the ENT doc.

Hope this helps.......

Wishing you a great run,

Cliffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermom View Post
I plan to call my neuro tomorrow because I am a little nervous about my swallowing problems. I have also been noticing weakness in my hips. When my SFN journey began, I also had high amounts of antibody jo-1 which is associated with polymyositis--a disease that attacks muscles. I am a little fearful that this is related. The weakness in my hips is very similar to what I experienced back when jo-1 was present.

I appreciate the calming words. I kept reminding myself that nortriptyline had the same effect on me last time. I had panic attacks when coming off of it. Last night was much better. Hopefully I didn't take it long enough this time to have long lasting effects.

I hope everyone has a happy Sunday. I plan to actually go out and try to run a little, not far, just enough to get my mind right.
Cliffman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (05-15-2016), teachermom (05-15-2016)