View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 01:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Ugh, lol.. I feel like there has always been something "stuck" that kinda kept the sinus closed after the extraction. When I sneezed (a couple days ago), a rice-shaped piece came out along with all the puss. I now have all the advertised sinus communication symptoms "air flow to/from sinus, can't drink with a straw, etc." I'm guessing since it has been so long since the procedure and I have easy air flow, the OS will have to do surgery to close the communication or can it heal on its own? Can the OS capture a culture and determine the correct antibiotic?

ENT may be a bit more time waiting as it's through the Veterans Administration (VA) but I do have an appt in a week.

Thanks again for the input...hope you're having a great Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Rick,

Yes, black sides do matter ..... I mean the black on the scan indicates air which is what you want to see pertaining to the sinuses.

The air is a problem as it means the sinus is open someplace. You also have a nasty infection that may not be related at all to your deviated septum but it may be just as, if not more, significant than the septum issue. The oral antibiotic may not work and/or it may not be the appropriate species for the bacteria that is causing the infection. A clean catch specimen of the pus sent to the lab for a culture would determine the proper antibiotic. I would ask the ENT if he can do that. Also if the infection is still present when you have the septum surgery, you could have surgical and/or post op complications due to the unresolved infection. So the infection is an issue.

I'm sorry you are going through all of this....
Bryanna

[/QUOTE]
XFitRick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote