View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Angels,

The ENT is right about the radiation from a single CT scan. However, this is not your first CT scan in the last year. So it is the cumulative (successive additions) of radiation that is concerning. Especially since your profession exposes you to radiation every time you fly. Is there any way he can use the most recent CT scan that you had instead of doing another one?

It is obvious that there is something in the area of where the tooth was removed and the sinus that has never been eradicated, it's been brewing this whole time. It could be cyst and/or a piece of infected tooth that was not removed at the time of the oral surgery to remove #15. That's why I had mentioned awhile back that taking the Fluoroquinolone antibiotic was not the answer to curing an infection if something had been left in the surgical site or in your sinus. All too often antibiotics are prescribed before the problem is definitively diagnosed.

I'm sure the ENT put you on antibiotics for the Kleb infection. If there is a foreign matter, piece of tooth or splintered bone or a cyst in that area, the meds will not cure the problem as long as there is something present that keeps the infection brewing.

Please get the ENT and the OS to collaborate on your case.

Bryanna

(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels31 View Post
Hi Bryanna,
It took me a couple months and I finally got in to see a new ENT, he has acknowledged that something is wrong. I do have to do a new CT scan but he said I would get more radiation flying from San Diego to Boston, (which I did the other day!) I am going to see a new oral surgeon tomorrow. It has been 6 months and I am still having trouble with #15. The site is still red, sore and I still feel the bone coming out. I also am getting a bitter taste that comes out of it periodically. The new ENT also cultured out Klebsiella Oxytoca out of my sinus. I am wondering if the infection in my tooth could cause that bacteria to harbor in there. I am really hoping to get to the bottom of this. Thank you for your help, I will keep you posted!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote