View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 05:21 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

First, we know your symptoms are real. Most of us have experienced them.

As I said, your neck should be considered a part of this issue. I don't think you have ever healed your neck from the car accident. This is not uncommon.

My first suggestion is to find a place where you can sit and rest with straight head and neck posture. A recliner can be good. Even if you fall asleep, it is easy to maintain proper head and neck posture. This is very important. An adjustable bed like they use in hospitals can also be good. Anything that can help you sleep on your back with your head and neck straight will be good.

One study says that 80% of concussion symptoms are related to neck injuries.

I'm not sure all 6 impacts were concussions but rather aggravated existing problems. A serious concussion like a car accident can make it so minor bumps trigger a return of symptoms. A concussion will cause an immediate disturbance, visual, balance, cognitive, etc. Whether they are all concussions or not does not matter. What matters is getting you on the road to healing.

Waking up with a headache strongly suggests an upper neck issue. Do you have tenderness to the touch at the bony part behind your ears ? If you move your head so your nose moves in a circle, do you hear or feel creaking at the back of your head/neck ? (head right, head up, head left, head down)

Are you tired during the day ? Can you just nod off into a nap ?
On the morning when you wake with a head ache, do you just feel out of it, hard to think, more easily disturbed by light or sound ?

Can anybody observe you sleep ? Primarily watch your breathing ? Disrupted breathing can be caused by an upper neck injury. It can make a day miserable.

An Upper Cervical Chiropractor may be able to help. Your neuro will likely say no but they have helped many. Also, a Physical Therapist who knows gentle upper neck mobilization therapy may be able to help.

Check out the Vitamins sticky at the top. It has links to Upper Cervical Chiro referrals sites and lots of other good information.

I have spent many nights sleeping in a recliner. I noticed that I would get great sleep in the recliner but usually poor and disruptive sleep in bed. Good sleep with all of the stages of sleep is extremely important. The brain heals during REM sleep. It flushes toxins during slow wave sleep. A lack of REM sleep will make it difficult to remember yesterday as memories are stored during REM sleep.

We are here to help you find a way to heal. Hang in there.

btw, I'm not sure Botox is necessary until you try getting help with your neck and learn to sleep and rest with good neck posture. .

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote