Thread: Dental issues
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 06:07 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Tom,

Is it a true "mouthful" of dark blood or is it a mixture of saliva with blood?
Are the extraction sites actually bleeding at anytime?

The dark color can indicate that it's coming from your upper digestive tract or throat, not exactly the extraction sites. This means that you could have swallowed blood during the extractions and it's working it's way up your upper digestive tract. The spitting actually draws the blood up from the throat where it may be laying during the time you are sleeping.

Are you noticing any bright red blood? Are you noticing any blood on your pillow, if so is it light or dark?

Do you wake up in the middle of the night gagging on blood?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeputt View Post
Bryanna, not sure what is going on but every morning when I get up I got a mouth full of dark blood when I spit in the sink. I know that sounds gross but that's the only way I can explain it. The teeth were removed last Thursday at noon.
I went back today and the dentist said it was healing great with no infection and it might continue to bleed a little at night for a few weeks. Never see any blood during the day. You ever heard of anything like this ? and should I be concerned ? It actually looked good when I looked a few minutes ago but wondering why the bleeding at night. thanks. Tom

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote