Thread: Dental issues
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 10:39 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Tom,

You had multiple teeth removed which means you had more bleeding than when you had only one removed. If you bled a lot during the extractions and then bled a lot in your sleep that first night, you have definitely swallowed quite a bit of the blood. It could take several days for it to make it's way out of your digestive tract. Some of it goes one way and some of it goes the other. The dark color indicates it's old blood so that would account for the blood being swallowed several days ago.

On the night of the extractions it would have been best to get the bleeding to stop before you went to bed and then not have laid down flat when you went to sleep. I think you may have swallowed quite a bit that night.

I know it's hard but try to stick to a soft food diet, one that does not require a lot of chewing because chewing requires a lot of movement of the jaw and mouth and the areas where the teeth were removed are open into the jaw bone where blood is clotting and tissue is forming to close the wounds ... avoid food that is sticky because sticky foods can dislodge the blood clots .. and avoid sugary foods and drinks because sugar slows down the healing process. Drink water throughout the day to stay hydrated and flush the toxins out of the body which will take the blood down and out, rather than up into your mouth. The average person should drink half their body weight in ounces of water. Example: weight 100 pounds = 50 ounces of water per day.

I know it's difficult but be as careful as possible when brushing to not bang into the surgical sites. Are you rinsing with the warm salt water a few times a day?

Hopefully there will be less or no blood in the morning. But know that if you drink plenty of water during the day you will wash the blood in your digestive tract down and what does not get absorbed will makes it's way out.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeputt View Post
It is a true mouthful of dark blood. I did see some on my pillow a few nights ago. Red in color. Yes I swallowed lots of blood when he pulled these teeth because I was told not to spit. It was bleeding Thursday night when I went to bed but I was hoping it would stop.

I was talking a lot when I first got home and should have been quiet. I had even called back to see if they could tell me how to stop the bleeding and they said get tea bags and wet them and put it where the bleeding was.

You are saying blood that was swallowed several days ago is coming back up from my stomach ? How long will it take to get rid of all the blood ?

I did see some blood around the bottom right tooth yesterday during the day. Not sure if I hit it when eating or brushing but yes it was a little coming from where the tooth was pulled. Have not seen any today.

Never have waked up in the middle of the night gagging on blood though. I just have a bad taste when I first get up.

Again I have not seen much blood today and will wait until morning and see what happens. Don't think this has ever happened to me in the past. I had a tooth pulled three years ago and it healed fast with very little bleeding but it was not a molar. Much bigger hole in those

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote