View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 12:44 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Husbands new diagnosis of the year

For the last 3 years he has been getting a new diagnosis like some one has signed him up for this terrible club. He had a colonoscopy last year and found out he had sever ulcerative colitis. After a year of treatment it is no better. So they did a repeat today. I was wondering why they put him in a room at the end of the hall away from others. No big news, the ulcerative colitis is just as bad as it was last year. But this year there are 2 masses. So the only treatment now is to remove the entire colon and rectum. Needless to say I was floored. I guess I should try to see this through his eyes. He said it will be a relief, no more diarrhea, ulcerative colitis cured because there is no more colon. i'm just a very nervous retired RN who took care of ostomy patients in the 70's!!! These masses were 2 1/2 cm and 3 cm. They were biopsied of course and we will get results in 2 weeks. I want it like Star Trek where they ran the tricorder over you and got an instant result.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (05-18-2016), ger715 (05-18-2016), Kitty (05-17-2016), kiwi33 (05-17-2016), Starznight (05-17-2016)