Thread: Dental issues
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 05:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Bryanna, I have been some what better today. This morning I still had blood in my mouth when I first got up but it was red and not that bright in color so I hope it is easing up. It was not the dark color like yesterday and Sunday so maybe the end is near It also was not that much and after I washed my mouth out with clear water I didn't see any.

I am still on the soft food diet and will do as you suggest for the next few weeks. The sockets look like they are healing good. Its hard to not eat peanuts but again I will do as you tell me and not eat them. I hope I don't go in a peanut withdrawal lol

I will continue with the salt water thing . Its hard to tell when it is completely healed but I will keep a good watch on it.

I plan on trying to play golf tomorrow if I feel good when I get up. I just got to figure out what I can eat while away from home. I can mix up some salt water mix for take with me to use after I do try and eat something. I have my cooler and will take a couple of smoothies and some jello with me. I think I will be fine as I need to get out and do something.

I did get out more today as I helped my cousin repair his brakes on his Corvette. I just did the tell him what to do thing though.

Thanks again for the info and I will keep you updated. Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Tom,

I hope today is a better day for you

Salt water rinse: Use about 3-5 ounces of warm water with a 1/2 teaspoon of salt 3-4 times a day. No more than that. It should be the last thing you do before you go to sleep at night. So not gargle with it. Just take a mouthful, swish and spit out until the cup of water is empty.

Unfortunately not all dental staff members are formally educated on dentistry or things like post operative care. Even some dentists are lax on post op protocols. A soft food diet should be followed for about 2 weeks or longer if necessary after tooth extractions. I would avoid all things like peanuts for several weeks because small pieces can get lodged inside the sockets which can result in an infection. The salt water rinsing should be done until the gum tissue has closed over the surgical wounds. Staying hydrated with pure water is essential because it flushes out the bacteria's and toxins that can inhibit the healing.

Bryanna
threeputt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote