View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 12:02 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Thanks girls. I was told yesterday that the surgeons office would call us in the afternoon with an appointment. When they didn't call yesterday or this morning I called them. The doctor doesn't even want to make an appointment time until the biopsy results are in So it's the waiting game for us. He showed me the masses on the computer and they don't look like what cancerous masses typically look like. It really looked like a single testicle!!!!

Yes, I need to take care of me. And Charlie is helping with that. I have been gaining about 5 pounds a week for the past 3 weeks. For those of you who know edema, I have 2+ edema of my lower legs ankles and feet. I do have some shortness of breath but not to bad. So the logical thing would be to order a water pill. But about a year ago I was diagnosed with neurocardiogenic syncope which basically means that the nerves in my lower half don't relay the message to the muscles in my veins and arteries to send blood back up to the heart and I pass out. So doctor said no water pills and keep blood sodium level to about 2300 mg. So I am between a rock and a hard place. Even doing that my blood sodium level is below normal just a titch. So I am very carefully going to take Lasix and keep check of my blood pressure (210/90) today. I also need to be diligent in watching my overall diet. I have been on a steady gain for over a year. No longer have a loss of 60 pounds. I gained back 45 pounds of that.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (05-18-2016), Kitty (05-18-2016), NurseNancy (05-18-2016), tkrik (05-19-2016)